Hiram A. McAdams

Jennie Robbins - Alice Rebecca Williamson

Land Grant - John McAdams, Jr. - 1847

REPUBLIC of TEXAS Land Grant
Certificate 722/821
Issued to John McAdams, Jr. in December 1847

John McAdams, Jr. married Hester White in 1838 and was thereby entitled, as a married man and Head of Family, to an additional property grant from the Republic of Texas. His total "First Class Land Grant " was 4605 acres (One League plus One Labor). Since he had previously claimed a total of 3665 acres, this left 940 acres remaining to be claimed from his total Headright Grant.

On April 4, 1870, he was issued by the State a 138.3 acre tract of land in Walker County (Land Patent No. 155). This property is located about 3 ½ miles Northeast of the McAdams Pavilion location and he later sold his rights to the remaining 801.7 acres of his Headright Grant to James H. Starr on November 26, 1870.

The documents in this segment include:

 

205a
205b
205c
205d
205e